Google Analytics

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Blown away in Varberg

Lejet i Varberg III
Varberg almost became norwegian this weekend. When the forcast promissed a lot of wind, many of us cruised down the E6 to Varberg. But hardly anyone could imagin that we would get this much wind. Saturday was great for most of us, we sailed in Lejet and I used my 5,0m2, but would probably have been more happy with my 5,3m2.

Saturday night it was blowing cats and dogs (max.32m/s) and the waves where getting big out in Katetgat. When we came down to the beach around 8.30 it was down to "only" 17-21m/s. I went and took some pictures, but since it was rain buckets I decided to drop this project and change from my soaking wet jeans to a wetsuite and rigged the smalest sail I had (4,1m2) It was way to big, but I had a great time in the 3+ meters waves, until the wind dropped from 17 to 0 m/s in two seconds and I ended up swimming in for the second time in two days.

No comments: